Tuesday 7 August 2007

Lunch in Paris: Le Musée Jacquemart-André


Last week I felt very privileged: I live in Paris plus I have a super-nice boyfriend who invites me for a "surprise" during lunchtime. Hmmm, what is it? When you are female and over 25 years old you sometimes have strange ideas...

We crossed the street and entered the front building of the Musée Jaquemart, which is not only a museum but also a handsome town villa where you can lunch inside and outside. This town house was owned by art collectors Edouard André and his fiancé Nélie Jacquemart during the 19th century. After the death of Edouard André it becam e a museum in 1913.
I cannot really state what is more beautyful the view from the outside terasse on the leafy courtyard or the painted salons with pitoresque lights and paintings. We sat down inside and I was not talking for a few minutes to just enjoy the atmosphere…les très chic parisian crowd ordering lunch, elegantly dressed waitresses taking orders, the buffet with delicious pastries, everything a bit old fashioned where you seem to step in a picture of 1920 where business people would have lunch in an old coffeehouse. We ordered our meal which was very tasty and of course we did not miss to get pastries afterwards. This was my first but not last Mille-feuille I ate there, if you know what I mean...




Musée Jacquemart-André
158, bd Haussmann
75008 Paris
Tél. : 01 45 62 11 59
Fax : 01 45 62 16 36
message@musee-jacquemart-andre.com
Métro Miromesnil ou Saint Philippe du Roule

No comments: