Tuesday 12 December 2006

Places I like: London...my favorite city








As London is my favorite city of all the cities I have been to I also would like to dedicate a post to London.




I have been there three times now and I try to go there twice a year. More is not possible because London unfortunately is too expensive for my purse. In this blog I would like to talk about the following categories:


  • London Accomodation
  • London Shopping
  • London Bars, Cafés and Restaurants
  • London Nightlife

London Accomodation: I would highly recommend the Twenty Nevern Square Hotel (http://www.twentynevernsquare.co.uk/) near Earls Court. This hotel is a petite charming boutique hotel. The rooms a decorated very unique and prettily and you room service for free, where they serve tea, coffee and breakfast. I promise that I will never ever stay in another hotel when I am there. Price is very good for London - a double room costs 130 - 160 EUR per night including breakfast. I have to talk about another hotel, but I have to admit that I have never been there...The Pavilion Rock N'Roll Hotel (http://www.pavilionhoteluk.com/), which is situated near hide park. The hotel has 30 totally different decorated room and was used very often for different photo shoots. The Hotel has been created by brother and sister team 29 year old Danny and 33 year old Noshi Karne. He is a former fashion model who after staying in boring Hotels around the world, decided to open a Hotel with a difference.

London Shopping: It is difficult to give shopping tips for London. According to my opinion you will not make any bargains there if you come from US or Europe...but...you can benefit from very unique and special little shops, spend more but have something special to take home with you. If you absolutely refuse to spend a lot or simply don't have the money I would recommend to go to the various markets like Spitalfields (http://www.visitspitalfields.com/), Portobello Market (www.portobelloroad.co.uk), or visit Camdem Town (http://www.camdenlockmarket.com). According to my opinion it is a must to combine Camden Town with a visit to Primrose Hill. Primrose Hill has one of the loftiest vantage points over the city. Well known as a writer's and artist's enclave, the area is now popular with media stars who can often be seen strolling around the village. If you like vintage you should definitelly have a look at Beyond Retro (www.beyondretro.com) and the various charity shops in Notting Hill. If you would like to spend a lot, shop at Bond Street (where all the famous designers are located). You can check all the nice but expensive shops out at www.urbanpath.com.


London Bars, Cafés and Restaurants:
Of course you have a endless list of nice locations for nice dining experiences. It is a cliché to think that you will not get a nice meal in England. I don't want to create a list with all the popular restaurants, bars and cafés you can anyway read in newspapers, magazines and www.urbanpath.com. I would like to give to really nice advices. One for Dinner and one for going out afterwards. The last time I was in London I went to a really nice lebanese restaurant called Kaslik (58 Greek Street in Soho W1D 3DY). This restaurant was an experience, cozy, the food was supernice and reasonable priced. You can reserve this restaurant via www.toptable.co.uk .


London Nightlife:
Afterwards we went to the Stunners International (www.stunnersinternational.com) party at the wonderful Grill Room at Café Royal at 68 Regent Street (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1948). Stunners International organize two regular party nights in London on Tuesdays (which is dedicated to the 20's) and a Rock'N Roll night on Thursdays. I don't wanna say more...check it out...if I would live there I would definitely go there regularly.

No comments: