Friday 16 March 2007

Developing Style…Just A Few Thaughts

Currently sitting in the train to Paris. Nice to see my lovely baby in less than 45 minutes. Sitting here now for 4 hours makes me impatient. I have finished Tony Parson's "Stories we could tell", read half of the German VOGUE April 2007 edition, went to the bathroom, slept and now thinking about Style, my own style and other people's way of dressing. The black boy in front of me watching Hip Hop videos on his laptop for example? Did he always follow this way of style, the slim woman with the long brown hair and doll face beside me…who will she meet later and why did she dress like this? What is her intentention…then coming to myself (wearing a 60's print wrap dress, a black blazer, and black DICASTRI boots)…In the meantime after years of changing my style constantly, I am really happy and satisfied with my wayk of dressing, now that I am 26 years old.

It wasn't always like that. When I was young, I followed several ways of dressing to feel myself belonging to a certain group of people. When I was 13 I had the "grunge look phase". For sure I know today that this grunge style is just dementia and developed out of the intention to ignore fashion, but at that time it was everything looking as undone as I could for me. Then later on, when I was 20 wanting to look like Jenny Lopez when she was the dancing girl and girl friend of Diddy (Puff Dady at that time)….I went to the gym everyday to train mybody and show as much as I could of it when going out, wearing tube tops combined with black pants. Horrible! But anyway…looking back I am glad I went through different phases. Each style was linked to a certain lifestyle I was addicted to and that exited myself. Now that I have grown up, I am more myself as ever. Oh my god, I know this sounds quite oddl, but it is like that. You see, sitting in trains gives you the time to think about yourself and topcis you would normally not have the time for. "So smile for a while and let's be jolly style shouldn't be so melancholy…"Arrival in Paris! I'm back in style and en vogue!

No comments: