Wednesday 12 September 2007

Pret A Porter Paris: Traffic De Mode Exhibition





As I Non Buyer I made my way to the Porte de Versailles to visit the Pret a Porter Exibition.
It is a fair, usually for buyers,
presenting fashion and accessories from around the world from new and well-known designers.
It is a 65 000 sqm fashion hub including 1550 labels being presented on 3 floors. Top 10 visiting countries (excluding France) include Italy, Spain, Great Britain, Japan, Belgium, Greece, Germany, Switzerland, USA and Russia


Main Exhibition Areas:
" Atmosphère d'été " - The meeting place for fashion designers
" The Box" - The meeting place for accessory labels
" Casabo" - Concept, crossover, discovery, lifestyle.



If you love fashion and if you are open for new labels it is really a good occasion to inform yourself and get a more personal view on new designs "HORS VOGUE" and other fashion magazines. The most interesting aspect for me was to see how much the culture and mentality of a country influence their fashion. Being german orgigin I could for example understand the work of the designer Annette Goertz very well. Her pieces were a mix of wide layering clothes in decent dark colours. It must be quite convenient to wear them, typically german. Having said that, I noticed how "french" I became with my selection of preferred designers. I found a lot new brands I totally like and I will dedicate my next post to them.



A day at the fair could look like this:

Morning:

Go to the photo exhibition to get your first creative inspirations for the day. Join the bar at VOGUE café to drink a strong french coffee followed by a delicious croissant at Pauls. Afterwards check out all the great designers "Atmosphere" on the first level.

After-Noon:

Have a short stop at one of the counters exhibiting fashion books and magazine and enjoy. Afterwards pick up a nice baguette at Pauls bakery and then make your way to the Zen Area to have a short sleep after lunch. I did it and I must say très agréable - I consider a Zen Center at a fair a great constitution! Afterwards you should be fit for Level 2. You should not miss to watch one of the defilés which is really fun.

Evening:

Level 3 is still waiting...take it slow and take your time to initialize. A great ending of your fashion day should be a nice glass of champagne combined with chilly music.

Still no impression what your day could look like? Check out the visors guide


No comments: