Wednesday 25 July 2007

"Marc, Are You Joking?"

I just read a funny post on "label-istas" posted by Susie Bubble. This made me think of an experience I made last week having a stroll through the Palais Royal with including a stop at Marc Jacobs. From the outside Ialready saw that the shop was incredibly crowded with teen girls wearing flip-flops, hoodies and hot pants and all left the shop again with 1-2 bags. Entering the boutique it looked more like a disordered H&M store....but...there it was:

This wonderful canvas bags "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs" with either a clown looking like the one from Stephen Kings Horror Movies and another with a really big "Jacobs by Marc Jacobs for Marc by Marc Jacobs" on it (Price: 12 Dollars and in Europe between 10-20 EUR), also available in plastic instead of Canvas. It reminded me of the bags I buy in the supermarket to contribute to the protection of our environment. One of the vendors in the shop told me that there was a "big run" for those bags and that those are also available with Debby Harry's face on it which is for Charity -> which is ok.



  1. First of all I am a bit shocked that a designer like Marc pretending to live his life driven by creativity does something uncreative like this? Maybe he thinks the joke on the bag is creative and I have not enaugh humor to understand.

  2. Secondly, I am quite disappointed that style.com makes a recommendation like this. Is style.com really called STYLE or is this - again - just a joke of the author who declares it as a joke by Marc Jacobs?

And to close this post, I ask myself for what reason you should make a buy like that? To walk down Rue Faubourg St. Honoré I guess...poor "label-istas".

No comments: