Thursday 18 October 2007

Bad Taste Or Style: Shoulders On Stage

Be it Balenciaga, Maison Margiela or Alexander McQueen - architectual shoulders were part of the "major" runway shows for the upcoming season. Carine Roitfeld, trendsetter as always, is one of the first volunteers wearing this trend.

It is a design you either like or totally dislike. It reminds me of the 80's blouses I suceeded from my mum and where I immediatelly cut out the shoulder pad. At that point of time I already asked myself why the designers reinvented such a tide for women's clothing and not men's (who look great with strong shoulders). Trends had always come-backs until today but I did not assume especially this one would be on stage again. Quel surprise!



This finesse is hard to wear and makes it difficult to look glamourous. Again a trend only dedicated to slim women... If one has a normal, healthy shape theses pieces will give you more the attidude of a rugby player (maybe it should link to the rugby worldcup) than a très chic dame.

Nevertheless, Carine wears it well and everybody has to figure out autonomously what suits herself best. A good advice is to wear it with pride. Nothing else to say so far.

No comments: