Wednesday 2 January 2008

Wanting...Lara Bohinc

I just found those golden Lara Bohinc earrings browsing at mytheresa. I looked the designer's website and found this wonderful matching ring . This made me want to find out more about this talented jewelery designer. Slovanian born Lara studied industrial design at the Ljubljana Academy of Fine Arts and came to London where she gained an MA in jewellery and metalwork from the Royal College of Art in 1996. Since then she has been quite successful (and involved in collaborations with renowned designers like Lavin, Markus Lupfer and more). Her clients include several London celebreties including Kate Moss and Sadie Frost (which doesn't mean anything of course besides a nice reference). She furthermore offers a range of leather goods, belts and bags. Sunglasses are also part of Lara's range, but I am not familiar with them, but I guess everyone have to build up his own mind.

If I would have some Christmas money left I would love to have at least the earrings. They would look absolutely sophisticated being dressed all in black. What a lovely piece and even more lovely with a reduction of 50% (from €219,00 to €119,00)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lara Bohinc's wallets are even more stunning! Her sample sale in London is pretty legendary...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice! Ils sont manifique, indeed!